LIFE COACHING AGREEMENT
Terms and Conditions
This Life Coaching Agreement (“Agreement”) is entered into between [Faith Forward Coaching, LLC] (“Coach” or “Faith Forward”) and (“Client” or “You”). This Agreement establishes the basic standards, conditions and limitations of the services to be provided by Coach to Client, and the compensation to be paid by Client for such services.
1. Coach Background. The coaching services under this Agreement will be provided primarily by Peter Hill. Peter is a graduate of Houston Baptist University, where he received degrees in theology and psychology, and received his Masters of Arts in Christian Education from the Southwestern Baptist Theological Seminary. He was licensed by the Second Baptist Jacinto Church to preach the Gospel and exercise his gifts in the work of the Ministry in 1987, and was ordained as a minister by the First Baptist Church at Houston, Texas in 1990. Over the past three decades Peter has worked to spread the Ministry and help people both with their spirituality and their lives in his capacity as an ordained minister. In 2013, Peter became determined to provide broader services to enrich and better the lives of as many people as possible, and became a Certified Life Coach – Advanced Trainer as recognized by the Dayspring Institute for Training & Development to accomplish this calling. Peter now uses his God given gifts, extensive training, and experience as a faith based life coach focusing on helping clients achieve their goals, advance their careers, and overcoming the challenges that arise in their lives.
2. General Scope of Services. Faith Forward shall act as your partner in self-discovery and personal growth, helping you to both set and reach your life, career and spiritual goals. Coach will serve as part coach, part mentor, part teacher, and part accountability partner, and will assist you in (a) creating or focusing your life vision, (b) identifying your values, strengths and goals, (c) using your time efficiently, (d) establishing a healthy balance between your work and home life, (e) managing stressful situations, and (f) overcoming the obstacles and difficulties that stand in the way of reaching your life goals.
While Coach will provide a broad range of services to assist you in bettering your life, life coaching is not professional counseling or therapy, and Coach is not a licensed psychologist, therapist, clinical social worker, marital or family counselor, or other medical or counseling professional. Life coaching is not a substitute for psychological counseling, therapy, or professional healthcare advice, nor is it intended to be. Coach does not diagnose or treat medical disorders (including but not limited to substance abuse disorders and mental illnesses), provide legal, financial, or accounting advice, and coaching is not a substitute for any such professional services. If you are currently receiving professional therapy or medical treatment, you are encouraged to continue such treatment under the guidance of appropriately licensed medical professionals notwithstanding the coaching services being provided hereunder. Client expressly acknowledges and understands that coaching is not to be used as a substitute for professional advice by legal, mental, medical or other qualified professionals and will seek independent professional guidance for such matters.
3. Fees: Client agrees to pay Coach a fee in the amount of $125.00 per coaching session, payable in full at the time of each session, for the coaching services provided under this Agreement.
4. Coaching Sessions. The parties shall schedule coaching sessions for dates and times that fit both of their respective schedules. Coaching sessions may be provided through in person meetings, teleconferences, video conferences, or through web based conferencing services.
5. Cancellations. The parties acknowledge that cancellations and missed appointments may occasionally occur during the course of this coaching relationship. Client agrees that in the event he/she is unable to attend a scheduled meeting, he/she will provide Coach with at least twenty-four (24) hours’ notice, and in such event the parties will re-schedule the session for a mutually convenient time without any additional charges. Client acknowledges that Coach has set aside the meeting times scheduled under this Agreement expressly for the Client, and that in the event Client does not provide at least twenty-four (24) hours’ notice of any cancelation Client shall pay for the missed session and any rescheduled meeting will be at additional cost. In the event Coach is not able to attend any session due to an emergency, illness, or other matter, Coach will notify Client as soon as possible and either, at the option of Client, reschedule the session for the next available time or refund Client the portion of the fees paid under this Agreement attributable to the missed session.
6. Communication and Confidentiality. Client agrees to communicate honestly, be open to feedback and assistance and create the time and energy to participate fully in the coaching program. Client acknowledges that open and honest communication with Coach is an essential component of life coaching, and that absent such communication the effectiveness of the life coaching provided under this Agreement will be substantially diminished.
Coach agrees that it will keep all information shared by Client confidential, and that Coach will not share any such information with third parties without Client’s express permission unless required by applicable law. The Coach will not disclose the Client’s name as a reference or otherwise without the Client’s written consent. Client acknowledges that while Peter Hill is an ordained minister, Coach cannot guarantee that any communications between Client and Coach will be protected by any privilege applicable to communications with members of the clergy available under applicable law. However, in the event Coach receives any process, subpoena, or other legal order requiring the disclosure of any confidential information, to the extent permitted by law Coach will notify Client prior to disclosing any such information, and, if requested by Client, will attempt to assert any available privilege to avoid disclosure of the confidential information (at Client’s expense). Notwithstanding the above, confidential information does not include information that: (a) was in the Coach’s possession prior to its being furnished by the Client; (b) is generally known to the public or in the Client’s industry; (c) is obtained by the Coach from a third party, without breach of any obligation to the Client; (d) is independently developed by the Coach without use of or reference to the Client’s confidential information; or (e) that the Coach is required by law to disclose.
7. Disclaimer of Warranties; Limitation of Remedies. Client acknowledges that the achievement of their goals and quality of their lives are not within the control of Coach, and that Client’s own effort, hard work, talent and good fortune will ultimately be responsible for your successes and failures. Coach cannot and has not made any promises or representations concerning or relating to any specific results that will be achieved through the life coach services to be provided. Except as expressly provided in this agreement, Coach makes no guarantees, warranties, or representations with respect to the services to be provided, express or implied, and any such guarantees warranties, or representations are expressly disclaimed. In no event will the Coach be liable to the Client for consequential, punitive, or special damages, and Client expressly waives any and all claims for such damages or any other damages or remedy not specifically provided for under this Agreement. Notwithstanding any damages that the Client may incur as a result of Coach’s breach of this Agreement or Client’s dissatisfaction with any services rendered by Coach, the Coach’s entire liability under this Agreement, and the Client’s exclusive remedy, will be limited to the amount paid by the Client to the Coach under this agreement for all services rendered up until the termination date.
8. Complete Agreement. This is the entire agreement of the parties, and reflects the complete understanding of the parties with respect to the subject matter. This agreement supersedes all prior written and oral representations, and Client acknowledges that he/she is not entering into this Agreement in reliance upon any promise or representation that is not expressly set forth herein.
9. Choice of Law/Mediation and Arbitration of Disputes. The parties agree that this Agreement and all matters relating to the the relationship between Coach and Client shall be governed by the laws of the State of Texas, without regard to conflict of laws. In the event of any dispute arising out of or relating to this Agreement or the coaching relationship between Client and Coach, the parties agree that such dispute shall be resolved through mediation and mandatory arbitration conducted in Collin County, Texas, pursuant to the provisions of this paragraph. With respect to any such dispute, the parties agree to first attempt to mediate in good faith for up to thirty (30) days after notice of the dispute is provided. If the dispute is not resolved through mediation, the parties agree that the dispute shall be submitted to mandatory binding arbitration pursuant to the rules of the American Arbitration Association (AAA) or such other arbitrator as may be mutually agreed upon by the parties. In any such dispute, the parties agree that they shall each bear their own respective attorneys’ fees and costs.